Re: List of Auxiliary Projects

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: List of Auxiliary Projects
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On 1/31/20 7:24 PM, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
> On 01/02/2020 00:37, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
>> On 1/31/20 5:50 PM, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> following a discussion how a number of not-so-known PostgreSQL projects
>>> can be made more visible, attached is a first draft to list them on the
>>> website.
>>>
>>> The draft lists three projects (pgweb, pgeu-system, pglister) as an
>>> example, and moves the new site under "Community". More projects with
>>> more description and contact details should be added, of course.
>> Seems like a good way to get people more involved.
>>
>>> The purpose of this patch is to see if "Community" is the right place
>>> for this kind of information, and also what other projects and details
>>> should be included.
>> Are there any HTML templates? I only see the URL added in the context.
>
> Actually, you are right. And the second part in my initial email just
> repeated the "contexts.py" file, instead of adding the correct file.
> Attached a new patch.

OK, that makes much more sense ;)

Feedback / bikeshedding:

- I'd recommend putting the pith of the content in a subsection under
"Developers". I don't see any issue linking to it from the community
section (and perhaps rewriting the community page a bit to link to more
of the "contributing areas", but the page is more about ways you can
develop around things in PostgreSQL

- I'm not sure how I feel about the term "Auxiliary" - it's not used so
much any more and definitely prone to misspellings. Perhaps "Related
Projects"?

- I like the overall layout of the page and how there is content around
each project. I think it's a good start.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Вложения

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: List of Auxiliary Projects
Сообщение: Re: List of Auxiliary Projects