createdb.exe and psql.exe without Promting Password

От Inigo Barandiaran
Тема createdb.exe and psql.exe without Promting Password
Дата
Re: createdb.exe and psql.exe without Promting Password  (Raymond O'Donnell <rod@iol.ie>)
Re: createdb.exe and psql.exe without Promting Password  (Dennis Brakhane <brakhane@googlemail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi.

I would like to create an script that includes calls to createdb.exe and
psql.exe. I would like to use them with a user but without asking or
prompting for pasword. For example:
 createdb.exe -T template0 -U MyPosgresUser MyDataBaseName.

I've read that if I define an environment variable like SET
PGPPASSWORD=MyPosgresUserPassword, both calls dont ask for password. I've
tested this variable in different platforms and does not work.
Do you know how so solve it?

Thanks in advance!!