Re: Fixing findDependentObjects()'s dependency on scan order (regressions in DROP diagnostic messages)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Fixing findDependentObjects()'s dependency on scan order (regressions in DROP diagnostic messages)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> writes:
> On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 1:20 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> I can reproduce the
>> reported problem without your patch by using that flag.  Here's a
>> recipe:

> Interesting.
> Note that if the standard that we're going to hold a solution to here
> is "must produce sane output with  --ignore-system-indexes", then my
> solution will not meet that standard.

Do you mean "same" output, or "sane" output?  I'd certainly expect
the latter.

I think though that Alvaro was just offering this as a way to poke
at the posited bug in dependency.c without having to install your
whole patch.