Re: ALTER TABLE lock strength reduction patch is unsafe

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ALTER TABLE lock strength reduction patch is unsafe
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> writes:
> On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 12:25 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I haven't reviewed the patch, but -1 for adding a GUC.

> I'm pretty surprised that it's been suggested that some people might
> prefer AccessExclusiveLocks. Why would anyone prefer that?

For one thing, so they can back this out if it proves to be broken,
as the last committed version was.  Given that this patch was marked
(by its author) as Ready for Committer without any review in the current
CF, I can't say that I have any faith in it.