Re: Please help me debug regular segfaults on 8.3.10

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Please help me debug regular segfaults on 8.3.10
Дата
Список pgsql-general
pgsql <pgsql@lavabit.com> writes:
> one of our pgsql instances recently started to segfault multiple times a
> week. I tried a couple of things to pin it down to a certain query
> or job but failed to find any pattern. All I can offer is some notes
> and a set of similar looking back traces.

BTW, there is a post-8.3.10 patch for a problem that could easily match
what you are showing.  Dunno if you are up for applying patches
yourself, but if so try adding this one:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2010-04/msg00122.php

Now, the fact that that's fixing a problem introduced in January might
mean it's not what you're seeing.  However, the January patch was fixing
a different issue in the same general area.  It could be that your app
was managing to tickle both the old bug (in 8.3.7) and the new one (in
8.3.10).

Сообщение: Re: Please help me debug regular segfaults on 8.3.10
Сообщение: Re: Please help me debug regular segfaults on 8.3.10