Re: GPU Accelerated Sorting

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: GPU Accelerated Sorting
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Scott Carey <scott@richrelevance.com> writes:
> On a similar note, is Postgres' Quicksort a dual-pivot quicksort?  This can be up to 2x as fast as a normal quicksort
(25%fewer swap operations, and swap operations are more expensive than compares for most sorts).

In Postgres, the swaps are pretty much free compared to the
comparisons.  Sorry, but the above doesn't especially tempt me...

От: Jose Ildefonso Camargo Tolosa
Сообщение: Re: Performance on new 64bit server compared to my 32bit desktop
От: Yeb Havinga
Сообщение: Re: Performance on new 64bit server compared to my 32bit desktop