Re: Undocumented behavior of timezone(zone, timestamp) for impossible timestamptz's

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Undocumented behavior of timezone(zone, timestamp) for impossible timestamptz's
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Aleksander Alekseev <aleksander@timescale.com> writes:
> Due to DST and also changes in local laws, there could be gaps in
> local time [1].

Yup.

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/datetime-invalid-input.html

> 2. Is it possible to detect an impossible timestamptz's for users who
> wants stricter semantics? If there is a way I think it's worth
> documenting as well.

Maybe convert back and see if you get an identical result?

От: Julien Rouhaud
Сообщение: Re: ICU for global collation
От: Juan José Santamaría Flecha
Сообщение: Re: Fix vcregress plpython3 warning