Re: Default Stats Revisited

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Default Stats Revisited
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> Well, I'm not 100% opposed to a multiplier.   I'd like to take a poll of DBAs
> to find out which they would find more accessable.   But since most people
> seem to be ignoring this thread, I'm not sure we'll get much response ...

Maybe you should ask on -admin or -general.  Personally I thought there
wasn't anything to say until someone did some experiments to show
whether an indexed-column differential is really worthwhile and what a
plausible default value would be.  The idea sounds good in the abstract,
but will it really help or just be another useless setting?