Re: 8.0.0 gmake check fails if on disk, passes on ram disk....

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 8.0.0 gmake check fails if on disk, passes on ram disk....
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Jeff Ross <jross@openvistas.net> writes:
> Rather than post it in the e-mail, I've put the postmaster.log at
>     http://www.openvistas.net/postmaster.log

I see multiple occurrences of

LOG:  could not fork new process for connection: Resource temporarily unavailable

so indeed your process limit is too low.  It's curious that OpenBSD
seems more prone than other platforms to produce a "broken pipe" error
instead of reporting the error message sent back by the postmaster ...
but there is something of a race condition there, so we can't complain
too much.

I have no idea why running the tests off ramdisk would make a difference
in the probability of this failure, but it's academic.  Raise your
process limit.