Basic question on PGSQL and Transactions

От Henri De Feraudy
Тема Basic question on PGSQL and Transactions
Дата
Re: Basic question on PGSQL and Transactions  (Alban Hertroys <dalroi@solfertje.student.utwente.nl>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello,
  I've been writing an application that allows me to edit simple maps. It involves Postgis but here I think I have run into
a basic Postgres consideration.
I did a bit of editing of a map which involved creating a polygon with a selection, inserting into a database and reloading
the "layer" where this geometric information lies.
There I was editing quite happily for about an hour and a half. I left my application and came back to it in the evening:
all my work was lost.
Could this be due to the fact I had not committed my insertions to the database?
I mean, if you are inserting into a table from PLPGSQL do you have to do an explicit commit at some stage?
I'm really quite a newbie as you can see.