Re: TODO item: Allow more complex user/database default GUC settings

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: TODO item: Allow more complex user/database default GUC settings
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Right, that works.  Updated patch attached; should solve the issues
> raised in the thread.  I renamed the catalog pg_db_role_setting as
> suggested by Tom.
> I have also added a view, whose only purpose is to convert the role and
> database OIDs into names.  It's been named pg_db_role_settings, but if
> anyone has a better suggestion I'm all ears.

I dislike the idea of having a catalog and a view whose names are the
same except for a plural.  It's confusing as heck, because no one will
remember which is which.

Since pg_settings is the existing user view, I think pg_db_role_settings
is a reasonable choice for the new view, but then we need a different
name for the catalog.  The only thing that comes to mind right now is
"pg_db_role_default", but I don't like it much.  Anybody have other
suggestions?