Re: pg_ctl and port number detection

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_ctl and port number detection
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> I wonder if we should write the port number as the 4th line in
>> postmaster.pid and return in a few major releases and use that.  We
>> could fall back and use our existing code if there is no 4th line.

No.  If it goes in, it should go in as the third line.  The shmem key
data is private to the server --- we do not want external programs
assuming anything at all about the private part of postmaster.pid.

Сообщение: Re: Extensions and custom_variable_classes
Сообщение: Re: Extensions and custom_variable_classes