Re: pgsql: Suppress uninitialized-variable warning.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Suppress uninitialized-variable warning.
Дата
Re: pgsql: Suppress uninitialized-variable warning.  (Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@gunduz.org>)
Список pgsql-committers
> On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 19:21, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> writes:
>>> Which compiler did that come out of? I don't think I saw it on any of
>>> the ones I tried..

>> gcc 4.4.5, standard on Fedora 13. �I'm surprised that yours did not show
>> it, because the usage pattern looks beyond gcc's ability to prove safe.

> Interesting. I just make clean/make:ed it again to make sure, and it
> doesn't. And I'm on:
> gcc (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.4.4-14ubuntu5) 4.4.5

[ scratches head... ]  Maybe you are using different switches, perhaps
optimization higher than -O2?

But anyway, I think the project policy for such things is that we want
to suppress warnings when feasible on all common compilers, so the patch
is appropriate no matter what the specific reason for the difference is.

Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Suppress uninitialized-variable warning.
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Suppress uninitialized-variable warning.