Re: Re: [Pg-migrator-general] Composite types break pg_migrated tables

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: [Pg-migrator-general] Composite types break pg_migrated tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Is there any danger that an oid used in, say, pg_enum in the old version
> will be used in the catalog bootstrap in the new version?

No.  All initdb-assigned OIDs are less than 16K, and we never assign
such an OID post-initdb (not even when wrapping around).  We might get
into trouble if we ever run out of OIDs below 16K, but I don't foresee
that happening anytime soon.

Also, the design I sketched depends on the fact that it doesn't matter
if, say, a pg_proc row gets an OID that we also need to use in pg_enum.
We only need OID uniqueness within each specific catalog.  So we don't
need to control the OID assignments in catalogs other than the three
we are interested in.

Сообщение: Re: Re: [Pg-migrator-general] Composite types break pg_migrated tables
Сообщение: Re: Re: [Pg-migrator-general] Composite types break pg_migrated tables