Re: CVS HEAD compile failure

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: CVS HEAD compile failure
Дата
Re: CVS HEAD compile failure  (Kurt Roeckx <Q@ping.be>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> I've been able to reproduce this on one of my machines, and it's nasty.

> In that case I'm confused about why this code compiles on my machine:

What compiler are you using?  I'm using gcc 2.95.3 (on the machine that
shows the failure), and I think Bruce is also using something less than
the latest.  It's possible that more recent gcc's are able to figure out
that the reference to free_func should be interpreted as a parameter
name and not a typedef.

In fact, trying your test program fails here:

$ gcc -Wall zzz.c
zzz.c:8: parse error before `free_func'
zzz.c:8: parse error before `)'
$

so "compiler difference" definitely seems to be the answer.