Re: Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 15:56, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I think the proposal for such a switch is unnecessary lily-gilding,

> Hmm. What we could do is have pg_ctl chdir() into the data directory
> on start.

See above.  You're solving a problem that probably doesn't exist,
and introducing a pile of new ones in the process --- for example,
this will break commands that use relative paths for either the
postmaster executable or the data directory itself.