Re: Atomicity of UPDATE, interchanging values in unique column

От daniel alvarez
Тема Re: Atomicity of UPDATE, interchanging values in unique column
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> The first is what you want.  PostgreSQL needs some work in the
> evaluation of unique indexes to properly support it.
>
> Namely, when it sees a conflict when inserting into the index, it needs
> to record the fact, and revisit the conflict at the end of the command.
> Lots of work...

OK. The long-term goal would then be to get rid of such oddities. But what
can I do right now as a user to solve that issue for my application?

There must be a better solution than the additional dummy update.

Any ideas?

Daniel Alvarez Arribas <d-alvarez@gmx.de>

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Atomicity of UPDATE, interchanging values in unique column
Сообщение: Re: Atomicity of UPDATE, interchanging values in unique