Re: Postgresql database does not start and just hangs

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgresql database does not start and just hangs
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
"SALUNKHE,MANDAR (HP-Singapore,ex1)" <mandar.salunkhe@hp.com> writes:
> Viewing the pid file ( newly created ) shows:
> 18140
> /usr/local/pgsql/data

> And then

> hp@ACACIA /usr/local/pgsql/data
> $ ps -aef|grep 18140
>       hp   18140   18204 con  21:19:40 /usr/bin/ps

I'm not familiar with how Cygwin assigns process PIDs, but the above
sure looks like the ps process has been given the same PID that the
postmaster thought it had.  Are you copying-and-pasting from more than
one test session?  If not, there's something odd here.

Perhaps it'd be worth your while to reinstall Cygwin --- I wonder if
the Cygwin executables could have gotten corrupted in your crash.
(While you're at it you might as well reinstall ipc-daemon and Postgres
too.  Just be sure not to munge your data directory ...)