Re: BUG #14021: configure failing to find shared libperl

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #14021: configure failing to find shared libperl
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
aelmalinka@gmail.com writes:
> configure fails to detect shared perl is enabled because $Config{useshrplib}
> is set to define, unsure if this is a bug w/ perl or w/ postgresql however
> both versions of perl installed 5.22.1 and 5.20.3 are set the same, and this
> has only recently become a problem despite this being an upgrade

I'd say that's a build bug in your Perl installation.  "define" is pretty
unhelpful: are onlookers supposed to take that as meaning "true" or "false"?

Our configure script is set up to recognize the values "true" and "yes"
for this setting.  This is the first I've heard of Perl installations with
other values.

"Exherbo" Linux is a new one on me, but I suggest you pester whoever built
its Perl packages about why they're being so randomly nonstandard.