Re: SELECT TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE ... AT TIME ZOME as inverted meaning with UTC times...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: SELECT TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE ... AT TIME ZOME as inverted meaning with UTC times...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Andreas Schultz" <andreas.schultz@gmail.com> writes:
> MST is UTC-07, so i would expect that i can replace MST with UTC-07, but:

> # SELECT TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE '2001-02-16 20:38:40-05' AT TIME
> ZONE 'UTC-07';
>       timezone
>  2001-02-17 08:38:40

> The time returned is at UTC+07....

A time zone name in that form is a POSIX-spec timezone specification,
and the POSIX spec says that positive is west from Greenwich.
Everywhere else in Postgres we follow the SQL spec, which says that
positive is east from Greenwich.  Aren't standards wonderful?