Re: Re: MySQL and BerkleyDB (fwd)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: MySQL and BerkleyDB (fwd)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 11:30:17AM -0400, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>> Is anyone looking at doing this?  Is this purely a MySQL-ism, or is it
>> something that everyone else has except us?

Think "schema".  I don't foresee supporting joins across multiple
databases any time soon (unless someone wants to resurrect the old
Mariposa code), but once we have schemas you can put things into
different schemas of one database and get most of the user-level
benefit of multiple databases, while still being able to join to
things that are in other schemas.

I haven't looked hard at what it will take to do schemas, but it's
high on my priority list for 7.2.  Ross Reedstrom has already done
some preliminary work ...