Re: tsearch - Regression tests fail

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: tsearch - Regression tests fail
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Markus Wollny" <Markus.Wollny@computec.de> writes:
> Platform is SuSE Linux 7.3 (Linux 2.4.10-64GB-SMP #1 SMP Tue Sep 25
> 12:36:09 GMT 2001 i686 unknown); I think it doesn't dump core, so I
> cannot provide a stack trace. In the logfile it just says: "DEBUG:
> server process (pid 22137) was terminated by signal 11". I cannot find
> any core-files.

Signal 11 is SIGSEGV on most Unixen (certainly including Linux), so the
backend is certainly crashing.  If you are not getting core files in
the $PGDATA/base/yourdbnumber/ directory, then I'd bet that the
postmaster is being started under "ulimit -c 0" conditions.  Restart
it with "ulimit -c unlimited" environment and you should get a core.