Re: pg12 rc1 on CentOS8 depend python2

От Devrim Gündüz
Тема Re: pg12 rc1 on CentOS8 depend python2
Дата
Re: pg12 rc1 on CentOS8 depend python2
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

> It doesn't surprise me so much that the contrib package does, though.
> Most likely, that includes the plpython transform modules
> (hstore_plpython, jsonb_plpython, etc), which are certainly going to
> depend on whichever libpython PG was built with.
>
> It might've been better to split out those modules as a separate
> package.  OTOH that would add confusion, and we have a lot of
> subpackages already.

I think postgresql-contrib-py3 is really the best idea at this point, otherwise
I cannot see a clean way to make this without breaking existing installations.

I cannot move those contrib modules under plpython* subpackage -- I mean, I
*can, but then the installations will break in next upgrade. OTOH, I can add
Requires: -contrb for plpython package, then it will be the same problem.

Am I missing something?

Regards,
--
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, Red Hat Certified Engineer

Вложения