Re: First SVG graphic

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: First SVG graphic
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> On Sat, Mar  9, 2019 at 02:17:33PM +0300, Jürgen Purtz wrote:
>> What is your opinion? Should we renounce the additional manual step and use
>> only the pure "Optimized SVG" format? This will increase the
>> 'diff-ablility', which may be valuable in the long term. But direct
>> readability of the files suffers more or less.

> Uh, so really there is plain SVG, "Optimized SVG", and readable SVG.  I
> am thinking you should store just "Optimized SVG", and provide a shell
> script to convert to readable SVG for those that want it.

Man, this discussion is leaving me disheartened.  It sure sounds like
we are going to end up in a situation where either everyone touching
the graphics has to use the same version of the same tool (with the
same options, even), or else we're going to have massive, unreadable,
and mostly content-free diffs in every patch.