Re: SIGCHLD handler in Postgres C function.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: SIGCHLD handler in Postgres C function.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@zembu.com> writes:
> All ECHILD is doing is saying there was no child. Since we aren't really
> waiting for the child, I don't see how that's a problem.

You're missing the point: on some platforms the system() call is
returning a failure indication because of ECHILD.  It's system() that's
broken, not us, and the issue is how to work around its brokenness
without sacrificing more error detection than we have to.