Re: damage control mode

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: damage control mode
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 4:19 AM, Dimitri Fontaine
> <dfontaine@hi-media.com> wrote:
>> You sound like you want to drop the last Commit Fest and prepare beta
>> instead.

> I think I was pretty clear about what I was proposing in the message
> with which I started this thread - bump some or all the big,
> outstanding patches to leave more time for stabilizing the tree.

> Almost everyone said "no".  That's the community's decision and I
> accept it, but IMHO it's a tacit decision to slip the release.

I don't think that was the conclusion.  What I thought we were saying
was that we didn't want to bounce those patches in advance of any CF
review at all.  But IMO we should put the larger patches on a very short
leash: if they don't appear pretty clean and trouble-free, they should
get postponed.  We need to minimize the time spent on new patches, but
we don't have to drive it to zero.