Re: 8.3rc1 Out of memory when performing update

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 8.3rc1 Out of memory when performing update
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
"Stephen Denne" <Stephen.Denne@datamail.co.nz> writes:
> A simple update query, over roughly 17 million rows, populating a newly added column in a table, resulted in an out
ofmemory error when the process memory usage reached 2GB. Could this be due to a poor choice of some configuration
parameter,or is there a limit on how many rows I can update in a single statement?

Do you have any triggers or foreign keys on that table?  For that
matter, let's see its whole schema definition.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: planner chooses unoptimal plan on joins with complex key
От: "Stephen Denne"
Сообщение: Re: 8.3rc1 Out of memory when performing update