Re: Pgadmin access to Postgresql

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Pgadmin access to Postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Luciano Martin Galletti <galletti77@hotmail.com> writes:
> The server doesn't accept connections: the connection library reports
> could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "IP_OF_THE_SERVER"
andaccepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

> Do i have to set something in pg_hba.conf

Probably, because what you showed doesn't include any line permitting
external connections; but that's not your problem yet.  "Connection
refused" is a network-level error: your connection is never getting to the
Postgres server.  Double-check addresses, check network connectivity,
check firewall settings.  My first bet is you need to poke a hole in the
server machine's firewall --- see iptables or local equivalent.  Another
possibility is that the server's listen_addresses setting only tells it
to listen for local TCP connections not remote ones.  You typically want
listen_addresses set to "*" if you intend to allow remote connections.

When you start getting complaints phrased along the lines of "no
pg_hba.conf entry" then it'll be time to fix pg_hba.conf.

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Pgadmin access to Postgresql
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Broken after upgrade