Re: Conflict between regression tests namespace & transactions due to recent changes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Conflict between regression tests namespace & transactions due to recent changes
Дата
Re: Conflict between regression tests namespace & transactions due to recent changes  (Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Marina Polyakova <m.polyakova@postgrespro.ru> writes:
> IIUC the conflict was caused by

> +SET search_path to public, test_ns_schema_1;
> +CREATE SCHEMA test_ns_schema_2
> +       CREATE VIEW abc_view AS SELECT a FROM abc;

> because the parallel regression test transactions had already created
> the table abc and was trying to drop it.

Hmm.  I'd actually fix the blame on transactions.sql here.  Creating
a table named as generically as "abc" is horribly bad practice in
a set of concurrent tests.  namespace.sql is arguably okay, since
it's creating that table name in a private schema.

I'd be inclined to fix this by doing s/abc/something-else/g in
transactions.sql.