Re: BUG #5773: DEBUG: reaping dead processes DEBUG: server process (PID 10007) was terminated by signal 11: Segme

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #5773: DEBUG: reaping dead processes DEBUG: server process (PID 10007) was terminated by signal 11: Segme
Дата
Ответ на Re: BUG #5773: DEBUG: reaping dead processes DEBUG: server process (PID 10007) was terminated by signal 11: Segme  (Balamurugan Mahendran <balamurugan@adaptavant.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Balamurugan Mahendran <balamurugan@adaptavant.com> writes:
> I am not sure that I'll get all my needed function from built-in UUID. I got
> the source from the below link also this works perfectly fine with 8.3
> version(in my understanding).

> http://ring.nict.go.jp/archives/misc/db/postgresql/projects/gborg/uniqueidentifier/stable/uniqueidentifier-0.2.tar.gz

No, it doesn't work "perfectly fine" with 8.3, it's got the same bug it
always had.  You were just lucky enough to avoid stumbling over it
before.

> I am very much excited to use UUID, please let me know if there is any link
> where i can download and compile all my needed functions,

The core uuid type has all that stuff except newid(), which we judged
not to be standardizable.  You can find a few different uuid-creation
functions in contrib/uuid-ossp.