Re: FE/BE Protocol - Specific version

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: FE/BE Protocol - Specific version
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> Tom, just curious as to what your resistance is to this feature? ISTM
> that making this admin modifiable doesn't hurt anyone and could be
> helpful to some people.

Admin modifiable at what level?  I don't believe that the "feature" is
valuable enough to warrant defining, implementing, and documenting a GUC
variable, let alone adding a pg_hba.conf column which one could imagine
someone wanting instead.  I suggested a simple source code change, and
I think that's quite sufficient when we have only one request for it
with a not-very-compelling rationale.  There are much more useful tweaks
(eg, altering BLCKSZ) that we have equivalent levels of support for.