Re: after using pg_resetxlog, db lost

От: Tom Lane
Тема: Re: after using pg_resetxlog, db lost
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

after using pg_resetxlog, db lost  ("Shea,Dan [CIS]", )
 Re: after using pg_resetxlog, db lost  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: after using pg_resetxlog, db lost  (Richard Huxton, )
   Re: after using pg_resetxlog, db lost  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: after using pg_resetxlog, db lost  ("Shea,Dan [CIS]", )

Richard Huxton <> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> This could be repaired by doing
>> pg_resetxlog with a more appropriate initial transaction ID, but
>> figuring out what that value should be is not easy :-(

> Tom - would there be any value in adding this to a pg_dump?

Possibly.  CVS tip pg_dump has been changed to not output OIDs by
default, as a result of gripes from people who wanted to be able to
"diff" dumps from different servers and not have the diff cluttered
by irrelevant OID differences.  But a single header line showing
current XID and OID values doesn't seem like it would be a big problem.
We could put current timestamp there too, which was another recent topic
of discussion.

Bring it up on pghackers and see if anyone has an objection...

Сообщение: Re: postgresql and openmosix migration
Сообщение: Re: postgresql and openmosix migration