RE: FW: Postgresql on win32

От Magnus Hagander
Тема RE: FW: Postgresql on win32
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > We're losing this battle anyway.  Look into
> src/interfaces/libpq/libpq.rc.
>
> Ugh.  Magnus, is there any reasonable way to generate that
> thing on the fly on Win32?
It's the same thing as with version.h - e.g. not really :-( It can be done,
but I doubt it can be done cleanly.

> One could imagine fixing this in configure --- have configure generate
> libpq.rc from libpq.rc.in, and then treat libpq.rc as part of the
> distribution the same as we do for gram.c and so forth.  The version
> info could get substituted into config.h.win32 the same way,
> I suppose.
>
> This is pretty ugly, but you could look at it as being no different
> from providing gram.c for those without bison: ship those dependent
> files that can't be remade without tools that may not exist on the
> target platform.
>
> You'll probably say "that's more trouble than it's worth", but version
> info in a file that's only used by a marginally-supported platform is
> just the kind of thing that humans will forget to update.

If it is possible to do that, then I think it would be the best. (And
putting it in both a .h and the .rc file). It wuold definitly make things
cleaner-looking for the end user :-)

I have no idea how to do this, though, so I can't submit a patch. But if
someone were to do it and tell me where/how it goes into a header, I can
update the win32 patch to work with it...

Regards,Magnus

От: Samy Elashmawy
Сообщение: Re: Re: GreatBridge RPMs (was: Re: question)
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Libpq async issues