RE: [HACKERS] Re: SSL patch

От Magnus Hagander
Тема RE: [HACKERS] Re: SSL patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > As it is right now, it should work in all combinations except a 6.6
client
> > compiled with SSL support connecting to a pre-6.6 server. It already
> > falls-back if the server is 6.6 (without SSL support). And the 6.6
client
> > compiled without SSL works.
>
> Actually, it shouldn't matter whether the server is 6.6-without-SSL
> or pre-6.6.  At least in the way I envisioned it, they'd act the same.

Not quite.
The 6.6-without-SSL still knows about the NEGOTIATE_SSL_CODE packet that is
sent, and can respond "No, I can't do SSL". The pre-6.6 does not know about
the existance of this packet, and will thus respond with "Unsupported
Frontend Protocol" (since it's a normal StartupPacket with the version
number set to something very large (like the cancel request was
implemented)).

//Magnus

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] RE: [INTERFACES] Re: SSL patch
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] RE: [INTERFACES] Re: SSL patch