RE: [PORTS] NT Port -- semaphores + running postmaster as daemon (service?)

От Magnus Hagander
Тема RE: [PORTS] NT Port -- semaphores + running postmaster as daemon (service?)
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
On Friday, June 25, 1999 6:22 PM, Ted Nolan SRI Augusta GA
[SMTP:ted@ags.ga.erg.sri.com] wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I've just put up the 6.5 NT port on our NT system.  I'm getting some
> semaphore != 0 messages from the postmaster.  It doesn't seem to be
> hurting anything..  is this normal?
Can't answer that one, sorry.

> Also, right now, to crank things up, I have to start the ipc-daemon by
> hand, then the postmaster by hand, and then psql.  Is there any way to
> make the ipc-daemon and postmaster start at boot time?  (I'm a Unix guy,
> so don't assume I know the "obvious" NT answer..)
You want to be looking at the "SRVANY" tool in the Resource Kit. I'm not
sure it works with Cygnus, but I see no reason why it shouldn't.
Check out http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q137/8/90.asp for
more information on it. There is also some documentation in the Resource Kit
(look for srvany.wri).

//Magnus

От: Louis Bertrand
Сообщение: trouble with OpenBSD
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [PORTS] trouble with OpenBSD