Re: pg_autovacuum integration patch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_autovacuum integration patch
Дата
Re: pg_autovacuum integration patch  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-patches
"Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net> writes:
> I also noticed:
> !         elog(ERROR, "pg_autovacuum: GUC variable stats_row_level
> must be enabled.");
> !         elog(ERROR, "       Please fix the problems and try
> again.");

> If you use the ereport() call instead of elog, you can set the second
> one as a HINT. Since it's really the same error, I don't think you want
> multiple errors logged...

Even more to the point, control will never *reach* the second elog().
Matthew clearly needs to spend more time studying the backend error
message reporting mechanism.  There is some documentation here:
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/error-message-reporting.html
and the backend code is certainly chock-full of examples.