Re: WIP patch for consolidating misplaced-aggregate checks

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: WIP patch for consolidating misplaced-aggregate checks
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Speaking of english words, I was wondering at "check" the other day.
> For example, we have

> #: catalog/heap.c:2171
> #, c-format
> msgid "check constraint \"%s\" already exists"

> #: catalog/heap.c:2534
> #, c-format
> msgid "only table \"%s\" can be referenced in check constraint"

> And so on (there are several more).  Note that here we use "check
> constraint" without any capitalization.

FWIW, I think I changed "check" to "CHECK" in a couple of messages
recently, for exactly the reason that it seemed to be used in its
keyword meaning rather than as plain English text.  Perhaps we
should just go around and do that consistently.