Re: Spinlock performance improvement proposal

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Spinlock performance improvement proposal
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> The following proposal should improve performance substantially when
> there is contention for a lock, but it creates no portability risks

I have committed changes to implement this proposal.  I'm not seeing
any significant performance difference on pgbench on my single-CPU
system ... but pgbench is I/O bound anyway on this hardware, so that's
not very surprising.  I'll be interested to see what other people
observe.  (Tatsuo, care to rerun that 1000-client test?)