Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Added the Skytools extended transaction ID module to contrib as

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Added the Skytools extended transaction ID module to contrib as
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I share your other concerns. This process certainly seems to have been
> less than transparent.

FWIW, Jan asked -core about a week ago whether it'd be okay to add this
code post-beta, and we concluded it would be okay on the grounds that
(1) we've always been laxer about contrib than the core code,
(2) we'd already granted similar permission to Oleg and Teodor to add   some example tsearch dictionaries to contrib
post-beta.
But I was expecting some -hackers discussion and/or a proposed patch
on -patches next.  I agree that Jan skipped a step.