Re: PostgreSQL 9.1 not connecting

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 9.1 not connecting
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Michael Rowan <michael.rowan3@gmail.com> writes:
> Utter novice would be glad of another hand here.

> I have two Mac OSX 10.6.8 servers each with an iMac workstation OSX 10.6.8,
> so two seemingly identical setups.

> Each server has an identical (as far as I can see) PG 9.1 installation and
> pgAdmin3 works fine on both with (copies of)  the same data.

> Using an Omnis Studio client app, one workstation will connect (always
> has), the other will not (used to but not now). It gives no clue as to the
> problem.

Third-party apps with no useful error handling are such fun, aren't they.

> I checked pg_hba.conf and postgresql.conf (listen_address = '*', port=5432)

The other obvious configuration point to check is whether the OS' firewall
is configured to allow incoming connections to Postgres.

If that's not it, I'd try to connect using psql or some other app that
actually tells you something about connection failures.  The postmaster's
log file in the Postgres installation might be helpful as well, especially
if you turn on log_connections.