Re: PostgreSQL always uses own versions of *printf(), but does not export them

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PostgreSQL always uses own versions of *printf(), but does not export them
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Patrik Novotny <panovotn@redhat.com> writes:
> we came across an issue when compiling projects against PostgreSQL
> version >=12, as the *printf symbols seems not to be properly
> exported.

Possibly that external code is failing to link with libpgport?
We don't really support external code including our c.h ... but
anything that insists on doing so is very likely going to need
libpgport and/or libpgcommon.

But TBH I'd try to get rid of the inclusion, rather than let the
external code get further into bed with Postgres' internal
portability hacks.  We never have, and we never will, promise
that c.h remains stable across PG versions.