Placement for a /port sort of include file?

От Tom Lane
Тема Placement for a /port sort of include file?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Since the function-call-statistics patch is going to need the
"instr_time" stuff that's currently in src/include/executor/instrument.h,
I was looking at splitting that out into its own include file.  My first
thought about where to put instr_time.h was under src/include/port/,
since it's basically a portability abstraction.  But all the files that
are in there right now are platform-specific, so that doesn't seem quite
right.  The precedent of rusagestub.h, getopt_long.h, and a few others
is to just drop it into src/include/ but that seems a bit ugly too.
Any thoughts on the matter?