Re: creating aggregates that work on composite types (whole tuples)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: creating aggregates that work on composite types (whole tuples)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee> writes:
> I am trying to create an aggregate function that works on whole tuples,
> but the system does not find them once defined ;(
> hannu=# select tabulate(users) from users;
> ERROR:  No such attribute or function 'tabulate'

This seems to work in CVS tip.  I think you're stuck in older releases
though.  The syntax "foo(tablename)" is understood to mean "either a
column selection or a function call" ... but aggregates were quite
distinct from plain functions up until about a month ago, and they
weren't considered as an option at that spot in the code.