JIT explain output

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема JIT explain output
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Some minor comments on the JIT explain output.  For example:

 Seq Scan on tenk1  (cost=0.00..483.00 rows=3333 width=244) (actual
time=5.564..8.755 rows=4960 loops=1)
   Filter: (unique1 > unique2)
   Rows Removed by Filter: 5040
 Planning Time: 0.857 ms
 JIT:
   Functions: 2
   Generation Time: 0.439 ms
   Inlining: false
   Inlining Time: 0.000 ms
   Optimization: false
   Optimization Time: 0.375 ms
   Emission Time: 5.020 ms
 Execution Time: 25.230 ms

Why is the optimization time nonzero when optimization is claimed to be off?

Could we perhaps save some vertical space by showing alternatively:

   Optimization Time: 0.375 ms

and

   Optimization Time: off

and omit the Optimization: line?  Similarly for Inlining.

What is the Generation Time and Emissions Time?  Could we document this?
 Is there a benefit to the user to see them listed separately?

It might be useful to see a JIT total time somewhere, which would be the
sum of all the phases.  Then it's easier to compare that against the
total run time.