Re: CREATE DATABASE foo OWNER bar

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: CREATE DATABASE foo OWNER bar
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> writes:
> I guess the issue is that I'd expect public to be owned by the DB Owner after
> a CREATE DATABASE foo OWNER bar,

Why?  Do you expect the system catalogs to be owned by the DB owner?
What about other random objects that might have been created in the
template database?  If the DBA has installed nondefault permission
settings on the public schema or other objects, how do you expect those
to be transformed?

I do not actually agree with that TODO item, as I think it requires
AI-completeness to guess what sorts of changes to apply, and getting
ownership/permissions wrong would create a significant risk of security
issues.