Re: Possible to exclude a database from loading a shared_preload_libraries module?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Possible to exclude a database from loading a shared_preload_libraries module?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Rajan Pandey <rajanpandey2508@gmail.com> writes:
> Hi, I have a use case where I want a particular database to not load a few
> modules in shared_preload_libraries.
> I was wondering if there's any way to tweak the codebase to achieve this.

No.  It's not even theoretically possible, because the whole point of
shared_preload_libraries is that the module gets loaded at postmaster
start.

Depending on what the module does, it might work to load it
per-session with session_preload_libraries, which you could attach
to the specific database(s) where you want it to be effective.

> Otherwise, can I block the modules' hooks/bgw from performing actions on my
> particular database?

That would be a feature for the individual module to implement.