Re: Re: AW: Re: GiST for 7.1 !!

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: AW: Re: GiST for 7.1 !!
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
selkovjr@mcs.anl.gov writes:

>> Really?  Details please.  It's hard to see how it could have messed
>> up on that.

> I didn't look well enough -- I apologize. The library is there, but
> ld.so believes it is not:

> typhoon> postmaster
> ld.so.1: postmaster: fatal: libz.so: open failed: No such file or directory
> Killed

Odd.  Can you show us the part of config.log that relates to zlib?
It's strange that configure's check to see if zlib is linkable should
succeed, only to have the live startup fail.  Is it possible that
you ran configure with a different library search path (LD_LIBRARY_PATH
or local equivalent) than you are using now?

It's suspicious that the error message mentions libz.so when the actual
file name is libz.so.1, but I still don't see how that could result in
configure's link test succeeding but the executable not running.