Re: Problem with migration

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Problem with migration
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
radgar@wp.pl writes:
> What I tried to achieve is move pgsql database from one machine to
> another. Obviously the new machine has also new version of pgsql (7.4,
> it's not actually "new"; the old machine has pgsql 7.0 installed).

Oy, that's old.

> Is there any way to move the pgsql user database (pg_shadow)?

pg_dumpall should do that for you.  It will probably work better if you
run the 7.4 version of pg_dump and pg_dumpall against the 7.0 server
than if you use 7.0's dump tools --- the resulting script is much more
likely to load into 7.4 without hassles.  But given the version gap you
are trying to migrate across, you should expect to have to make some
manual adjustments ... the differences between 7.0 and 7.4 are *major*.