Re: AW: FW: Postgresql on win32

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: AW: FW: Postgresql on win32
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Zeugswetter Andreas SB  <ZeugswetterA@wien.spardat.at> writes:
> It is possible to make the above work (at least on MSVC).
> The switch is /MD that needs to be used for both the psql.exe and
> libpq.dll. This forces the use of Multithreaded DLL runtime libraries.

I like this answer.  We should be trying to make the Win32 environment
more like Unix, rather than catering to its gratuitous differences.

The malloc/free problem that Magnus discovered is certainly not the only
one, anyway.  Notify processing comes to mind immediately, and who's to
say what else there may be, today or in the future?  Let's solve the
problem at a systemic level, not try to patch our way to working code.