Re: gram.y => preproc.y

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: gram.y => preproc.y
Дата
Re: gram.y => preproc.y  (Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org> writes:
> since my last email seems to have disappeared, here we go again. Here's my
> current patch that includes the changes to the build system. Thanks to Magnus
> for the Windows part.

> Comments anyone?

+ $(srcdir)/preproc.y: $(top_srcdir)/src/backend/parser/gram.y
+     perl parse.pl < $< > $@

Use $(PERL) here.

(I'm not sure about the equivalent in the Windows world; it looks like
there are already places in Solution.pm that invoke perl via just
system("perl ..."), but is that really a good idea?  Anyway, not
directly your problem.)
 clean distclean:
!     rm -f keywords.c *.o ecpg$(X) preproc.y

Actually, we want to fix it so that preproc.y is treated like preproc.c,
ie, it's part of the shipped tarballs even though it's no longer in CVS.
For the same reason, you want to generate it in $(srcdir) even in a
VPATH build.  (Parts of this patch have that right and part don't.
You might want to test in a VPATH build before committing.)

Can't comment on the MSVC change.